Saturday, September 12, 2009

Awesome Finds......

OK seriously....

Do you ever go shopping somewhere and feel like you are "stealing" something because you've paid so little for it when you know how much it's really worth? Well that's how I was feeling today after a visit to one of my favorite antique shops.

After dishing out the big bucks last week on a brand new computer, I knew that if I allowed myself to visit one of my favorite antique shops this weekend, I would need to set myself a dollar limit and stick to it. Yesterday was payday, so I decided that I would give myself a limit of $40.00 to spend if I found some things I wanted to buy.

Well, I needn't have worried that I would go overboard after finding something I wanted, because this was my lucky day and I ended up spending less than half of what my budget was and I still came home with several new treasures to add to my collection.

These my friends are the lovely new treasures I found today....

First up, and the most "expensive" item in the batch at a whopping $4.50 is this lovely pink and rose relish dish. It does have a noticeable crack line in it that has been repaired, so I won't use it a serving piece, but it will make for a wonderful display piece....

Then there was this lovely pair of rose patterned linen hand towels (marked as new and not antique..) for just $3.50 for the pair. You can't see from the picture, but they have a crocheted edge on the bottom...

The next item is this beautiful sugar jar which was priced at a whopping $2.99. Amazingly, I cannot even find any noticeable chips or cracks in this beautiful jar. I'm still shocked at the low price on this one...

The final two items that I found can be seen in the first picture above. One is another pretty milk glass vase to add to my growing collection that was priced at $2.95 and the other is the pretty hand painted pink and rose candlestick that was only $2.50.

The grand total of these items, with tax added was a mere $17.57. Can you believe that??

I felt like I had just finished shopping at a garage sale or thrift store instead of an antique shop after finding this much for so little money. Makes me wonder if the dealer in whose booth I found all of these items even realized what some of the pieces are actually worth. Maybe she was just trying to get rid of stuff and sell it for as cheaply as she could, but even so, I think she was letting herself get robbed with marking the prices as low as she had them. She sure wasn't making much of a profit on them. Her loss, not mine is all I can say.

Beings I only spent half of my shopping budget today, maybe that's a sign that I need to do some more fun shopping tomorrow....

I hope you are all having as great of a weekend as I am and that you are maybe finding some new treasures yourself. I'll look forward to finding out.

Enjoy the rest of you weekend !!

12 comments:

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

lovely, just lovely! You hit the jackpot. Don't you just love days like that?

Sandi said...

You found some lovely items Kim! I don't know about where you live, but I just think that most places are just overwhelmed with STUFF and want to get rid of it at about any price. Lucky for us huh?? lol
Blessings~

Sammy Girl said...

Mmmm ... gotta love those treasures! I didn't get out today ... but yesterday our neighbor had a garage sale and I found a wonderful little cabinet -- just like I have been looking at and wanting for years. This time the price was right, and now it's mine!
I will be sending some of my treasures to a new home sometime next week. The next post will be the final chance to enter my giveaway.
Hope all your adventures are fruitful!
Betty :)

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Oh Kim! What wonderful finds! Love that floral relish dish! You are right, it will be a wonderful display dish! You got some great deals...I love antiquing days like that!~Patti

Cottage Rose said...

OH Wow Kim;;; I need to go shopping with you.... what great bargains you found.. They are all just gorgeous,,, how lucky did you get...... have a great weekend...

hugs;
Alaura

Julia said...

Great finds! How lucky are you!

debi said...

Beautiful finds! That's some thrifty shopping on your part...you should reward yourself by going shopping again to spend the other half of the money. hehe

Caroline said...

Great deals Kim...I love the pink plate.

Nanette said...

Lovely things Kim. Love the hand towels!
Valerie

Mary said...

I love all your beauties, Kim! The candlestick is probably my favorite...I have a weakness for candlesticks...I have more than I have places to put them!

God bless!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Maybe she really needed to make some money fast! I'm glad for *you*. Love the towels and sugar jar best! ♥

Duchess of Tea said...

Have a sweet and lovely weekend my darling.

Love & Hugs
Duchess ♥ ♥ ♥