Thursday, July 22, 2010

What's Inside The Drawers ?????

Are you like me??

Do you always wonder what other people have tucked away inside their cupboards and drawers?

I honestly admit that I do. I've always been fascinated with seeing the insides of peoples homes to see how they decorate, what sorts of things they collect, what color choices they tend to gravitate towards and so on. I think this fascination of mine is why I just love watching the Home & Garden channel on TV and of course the world of Blogging. It gives me a chance to get glimpses inside the homes of others so I can be a bit of a voyeur and not have to feel guilty about it.

Well, being the way that I am, and I'm guessing that some of you are the same, I thought I'd give you a little peak into some of my drawers. These particular drawers belong to a small chest of drawers that I picked up at an antique sale many years ago. It was painted the ugliest color of mustard yellow, but a few coats of white paint totally transformed it into the perfectly shabby little chest.

When I first purchased this little chest, I was still living in an apartment and I used it in my bathroom to store my cosmetics and other items that one would normally find in the bathroom.

But now, I keep it my combined kitchen/dining room, both as an accent piece and for storage.

And hidden inside the drawers are some more of my vintage crocheted potholders (another portion of that collection is displayed in the oblong shaped wicker basket that sits on top of the chest) and some small desert plates.

The middle drawer holds a few more extra plates, some cloth napkins and some decorative eggs (one item missing from the drawer below is my tea cozy which at the time was being used for it's intended purpose of keeping the tea in my teapot hot while I was busy snapping these pictures).

I didn't get a picture of the contents of the bottom drawer as it was time for the scones to come out of the oven, but in the larger bottom drawer I keep a mish-mash of things, from extra silverware, dish cloths and a few other things. Just ordinary things that I used in my everyday life.

Well that's all for today. I'm getting hungry so it's time to start dinner. Enjoy the rest of your day. The weekend is just around the corner so hang tight until then.

6 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love the charming vintage pastel crocheted pot holders...so often they are in bright colors...fun!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Kim,
What a sweet little stand with all your treasures in it! I like little drawers too!
Scones?? I'll be right over!
Warmly,
deb :)

Anonymous said...

What fun drawers! I love your tea pot on top! ♥

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Kim.....I love the vintage potholders! The pink ones, of course!~Hugs, Patti

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Such a brave girl you are! I don't think I could blog about the inside of my drawers...that's where I hide my messes. My closets are starting to get organized, but not my drawers. I dream of one day having every corner of my home beautiful, including those hidden areas...but for now...what you don't see won't hurt you!!! LOL
Blessings,
Karen

Unknown said...

Oh, Kim, what lovelies you have in your drawers. I LOVE your linens on your side bar also ... your dishes are gorgeous.

Have a lovely summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon