Friday, June 21, 2013

My Latest Altered Thrift Store Find....

Hi Girls..

This is going to be one of those posts with lots of pictures so beware.

I recently altered a small boring wood planter box that I purchased at the Goodwill store for $2.99 using some spray primer, Martha Stewart craft paint and some pretty coordinating floral patterned scrapbook paper which I adhered with Modge Podge.

This was what it looked like when I first started, after sanding the planter...



 
 
The next step after spraying with primer was to give it two coats of Martha Stewart craft paint.  The paint color is called "Cloud"...
 



And to regress for just a moment, before starting anything, I first sized and precut all the paper pieces I would need.  Kind of like puzzle pieces waiting to be put together...
 
 

And to get back on track, once the paint was dry, I got out my trusty bottle of Modge Podge and adhered all the precut pieces into place.  And this is the end result...

 

 
 

This was definitely another fun alteration project and I hope you enjoyed seeing how it went from start to finish.

I'm going to keep this in my craft room to hold some of my crafting supplies.

See you again soon!!!

4 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I think you're the transformation princess!
I love that "cloud" color and you picked the perfect papers! ♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I had one of those, years ago! LOVE the transformation! I have that paper too! I lOVE IT!
Nice job!
Warmly,
deb

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh what a gorgeous redo!!! I love it and it will be perfect in your craft room!

Carol

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I LOVE this!! I have the same exact shelf only mine is still in it's original state!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

Hugs,
Debbie