Sunday, September 14, 2008

I've Gone and Done It!!





I’ve Gone and Done It!!

I’ve taken the leap and jumped into the world of blogging. This is the first of what I hope will be many blog posts in which I will be able to share with you things about myself, my life, and my interests in collecting, antiquing and decorating my home. For now, things will start out a little slow while I learn more about the art of blogging, but as more time goes by, the posts will become more frequent and I will be able to add more and more photos to share with you.

To give you a little background information about me, my name is Kim and I am a single 41 year old female living in a townhouse in the suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota. My favorite hobby is browsing the antique malls and discount stores to find shabby, pink and pretty things to decorate my home with. Hense, the name of my blog. I describe my decorating style as “cottage meets shabby chic”. My favorite colors are robins egg blue, butter yellow, cream, sea foam green, and of course PINK!! Think of Easter colors and you’ll have a fairly good idea of my favorite color palate.

I enjoy collecting pretty rose patterned china, including teapots, teacups, desert plates and sugar and creamer sets, vintage tablecloths, vintage tea towels, crocheted potholders and hot pads, and much more. As more time goes by and I am able to, I will begin adding more photos to my blog to share some of my favorite items and collections with you.

This is the first and only photo that I will share with you today, but it will give you a general idea of my decorating style and what my home look like. This is a partial view of my living room and dining area. The living room walls are painted a coffee cream color and the dining room walls are painted the prettiest pale yellow color. The arched doorway and windows are highlighted with a pale spring green to accent the arches. The arched doorways (there are actually two) and windows are the first thing that made me fall in love with my townhouse when I first saw it nearly six years ago.









Please come back and visit again and do what you can to share my blog with others!!

Kim

2 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Hello, Kim! Welcome to Blogland!!
I look forward to seeing more pictures of your pretty home.
I will be happy to mention your blog on mine!
:)
Becca

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim welcome, your home looks gorgeous, so pretty and girlie, I too am new to blogging, and love everthing shabby girlie and pink. I live in Australia, and we are jsut starting summer over here, and the spring weather is just wonderful I love it. Come on over and say HI. Cheers Debra.