Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday fun.

What a fun weekend I have been having.

First and foremost, I finally bought myself a digital camera yesterday when I went and did a little shopping after work. I had wanted one for a very long time, but just never got around to buying myself one. After creating my new blog, I figured I better hurry up and get one, so I could start sharing more photos with everyone. You'll laugh when I tell you that the camera I ended up buying is even PINK!!
I spent last night and this morning figuring out how to use it and I've been practicing by taking lots of pictures that I will be able to share with you in as time goes by.

Today, I spent even more money. I visited one of my favorite local antique malls this afternoon and came home with a really good find.
While I know it's not an antique, I found a lovely barkcloth pillow in the soft and shabby shades of pink and green that I just love. There is also a hint of purple as well some blue and cream. It is so lovely and will fit in with my living room just beautifully. I probably paid a little more for it that my budget should have allowed, but I couldn't pass up such a pretty find. I know if I had left the antique mall without it, I would have regretted it.
Isn't it lovely???


Here to is a picture of my living room. You can see from this, just how well my new pillow will fit right in.

My wish is for someday to be able to find a beautiful and affordable cream colored television cabinet, coffee table and end tables, but for now, I must live with the old brown ones that I have had for years. I'm not very handy when it comes to painting and I would be afraid of ruining them if I tried to paint them myself.

I hope you all are having as good of a weekend as I am. Until next time.

Kim

9 comments:

Holly said...

Hi, Kim, I'm Holly!

So, you're a brand new blogger! I love your banner. So pretty!

Have fun blogging. I'll be back!


~ Hearts ~

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Hi Kim ~
Thank you bunches for visiting my blog ~
I love your living room ~ it is very pretty and the pillow will fit wonderfully !
xoxo,
Lori

{oc cottage} said...

Welcome to the blogging world!

M ^..^

KatCollects said...

Hi Kim,
Thank you so much for the nice comment on my blog. I Love finding new blogs, and LOVE the pillow you bought. Yes you would have regretted not getting it. I am learning that if you see something you just absolutly love, you have to get it or you will regret it. I love the little birds on your banner picture. I look forward to reading your posts!!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland!
I love your pillow and totally understand how you couldn't leave it behind and yes it will look super in your room.
love Kristina x

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hiya Kim, Ive just found your blog while i was popping from one to another and wanted to say a big cheery Hi to you and welcome to blog land :)
I absolutely adore your living room, soooo pretty. Oh and dont be afraid to paint! If youre not confident with a brush or roller use a spray can. If you need any painting tips i'll be happy to help!

Hope you have a gorgeous weekend!

Hugs,
Shannon :)

Katie said...

Hello Kim! So glad you signed up for Pink Saturday cuz that's how I found you. It's always so nice to find another "shabby pink" friend! Your home is gorgeous!

Susan Hickam said...

I LOVE PINK AND GREEN TOO. sorry had the caps lock on- your living room has wonderful light and i love your barkcloth pillow. Hi again.

Sue said...

Lovely room----so soft looking and confortable.


Sue