Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pink Saturday - More Vintage Cottage Linens & Things



Happy Pink Saturday.....

The weekend is here once again and it's time to share in the fun of Beverly's "Pink Saturday" event. Thank you Beverly for being such a wonderful hostess and for all that you do to coordinate the event each weekend. When you are done visiting here today, head on over to Beverly's blog at http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ for a list of other Pink Saturday participants. Make sure you try and visit the blogs of as many as you can. Our numbers our growing every week so it's a time consuming process, but it is well worth your time to see what lovely Pink things everyone has to share.

As for myself, I have decided to share some new pictures of my vintage kitchen linens. I have a very nice collection of vintage tablecloths, crocheted potholders and crocheted hotpads that I just love. They are things I enjoy searching for on my antiquing jaunts.

For Pink Saturday, I show mostly the pink ones in my collection. You can see some of my vintage blue linens in one of my earlier Blue Monday posts.

Starting with my small round kitchen table, this is a picture of my favorite vintage tablecloth. It's the one I use as my "everyday" tablecloth. It has a lovely floral design in pink, blue and green. The colors are so soft and pretty and it reminds me of spring, even in the coldest months of winter. It has a few small stains on it, but that doesn't bother me in the least.

A closer shot shows some of the detail better...

Now for some of my vintage pink potholders and hotpads...

A gathering together of some of my collection with a little blue, green and lavender mixed in for fun....

A creative way that I came upon to display some of my potholder collection on my counter top is by using a vintage metal coffee mug holder that I spray painted pink. The hooks on the coffee mug holder work great for holding the vintage potholders, most of which have a loop to hang them.

And some I keep displayed in a wicker basket on a small chest of drawers that I keep in my dining room to store some of my linens in.

After teasing you the past several weeks with just small glimpes of my dining room, I decided it was time to share a photo of the entire room. It is not a separate room but is an extension of my kitchen. This has to be one of my favorite rooms in my house. I love the soft butter yellow color of the wall and the white table and chairs, china hutch and shelf. Add in my collection of china and pretty vintage linens and it makes for a charming cottage dining room.

Well, that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed seeing more of my vintage linen collection and my dining room. Maybe you will leave here today with a an idea or two on how to display some of your collections.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Until next time......

38 comments:

Neabear said...

I love your pink post. Hanging the potholders on a coffee mug holder is a great idea. I never would have thought of that. Happy Pink Saturday!

Stacey said...

What lovely and sweet linens and kitchen things. Delightfully pink! Happy Pink Saturday... Stacey

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim! You have such a wonderful collection of linens, and you display them beautifully.

Your dining room is so pretty. I especially love the wall color. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully decorated!!! Everything is so lovely.

Stop by for a great pillow purchase and giveaway... fun pink things to win!

Debbie

Ed said...

I live your dining area, soft romantic colours, and so peaceful to just sit and rest....Happy Pink Saturday. Please pop over and visit Ed's Place and have a look round xx

Robyn said...

HI Kim, thanks for stopping by my blog. Your vintage linens are lovely - wonderful post for Pink Saturday. I'm looking forward to visiting again! Have a fun weekend!

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Awesome PINK collection of vintage linens!

~ Gabriela ~

Katie said...

Hey there my shabby-sis! I'm ready to move in I tell ya'! Just love your soft decor! Happy Pink Saturday!

gbloom studio said...

You have a great collection of linens. I love all your potholders! what a great idea that you have of displaying them!
Smiles,
Gina

Sherri said...

Love vintage pink linens. Your room is very cute & cottage-y. Neat idea with the coffee mug stand too.

SmilingSally said...

Those hot pads are sweet; I'd certainly never use them but only display them. Thanks for sharing. I have a book giveaway. See my sidebar to enter. Happy Pink Saturday!

Virginia said...

You have such a wonderful
collection of linens. Everything is lovely!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Virginia

Kim said...

What a lovely display of your linens! They just don't make 'em like that anymore, do they? Thanks for sharing such a pretty room and for visiting my blog today. ;)
*smiles and happy pink*
Kim

Jenny said...

I think I have told you before how much I love vintage linens! These are beautiful!

Nerissa Alford said...

I just love the vintage potholders & hot pads. I can't imagine covering something that pretty with a hot dish. Thanks for sharing.
Nerissa

One Shabby Old House said...

Those are such pretty pot holders. I only have one that is vintage and it is my favorite. It had been tea stained.
Happy PS

becky

. said...

Pretty pink saturday! Blessings Denise

~*~Patty S said...

Thank you for your lovely comment at my Magpie's Nest :)
Your pink post is wonderful, every picture is so much fun!
*Happy Pink Saturday*

Grandma Faith said...

Your vintage linens are so pretty and your dining area is so cosy and inviting.

Anonymous said...

Yummy linens! I have a hanging basket full of pretty pink, aqua and green vintage hot pads, I love them! I would love your crock pot recipes, when you have time!

Anonymous said...

those pink potholders are simply.... pink-licious!!!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Your tablecloth is SO pretty, and it's very cool the way that pic lined up on the screen with the picture of your teapot in the sidebar ... they look like a perfect match!

Victoria :o)

kari and kijsa said...

A beautiful collection of pink linens!!
Happy Saturday blessings
kari & kijsa

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Happy Pink Saturday to you, Kim! Thanks for visiting me. :0) You know I have a tablecloth very similar to that one..but mine is a large rectangle I beleive. I love the potholders too. We are definitely kindred souls when it comes to the shabby vintage. I love it too. :0)

Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I just love your linens. They are so pretty! They go nicely with your dining room! Take Care!!

Sherrie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Oh, what pretty pink! I love it! I adore vintage tablecloths, and linens in general. *(sigh*

Holly said...

Ah, thanks, Kim! So sweet and like a breath of Spring! Oh and yes, I do have some ideas now! ;>

~ Hearts ~

Jessica said...

What a beautiful collection~

Happy Pink!

Hugs, J

said...

Kim, your kitchen and your linens are totally charming. :o)

Anonymous said...

Good morning Kim, I so love your vintage 'heart.' The tablecloth and the pot holders are awesome. I love how you display those pot holders. How did you ever find so many in pink? My daughter-in-law collects them in red and white. She uses the flat ones on her country table for coasters. It really looks cute and useful too.

Your dining room is a wonderful cottage look and I love it. A very nice job decorating Kim.

I never get to all the pinkies on Sat. so I am late too.

Have a wonderful Sunday...Love...Jeanne

Marina Capano said...

I love your pink post. Happy Pink Saturday! xoxo
Marina

Kris said...

Kim, I absolutely adore all of your linens. I love vintage table linens and have just started collecting. What a clever way to showcase your potholders.

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.

Kris

Anonymous said...

I love your sweet dining area, your tablecloth and pot holders. I have some of the potholders in my collection, tho not pink. Have a great week..

KatCollects said...

All of your linens are very pretty, thank you for sharing them with us. I hope you are having a great weekend.
Kathy

Stephanie said...

I loved looking at your linens, I have quite a few myself...working toward "collecting" I guess! What a wonderful room. I'd like to come over, sit at your table for some tea and conversation in that pretty room!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

Cindy said...

Love your cottage look! So sweet! And the pot holders are just gorgeous!

c

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

Very beautiful tablecloth and such fun potholders! I love the idea of displaying the potholders on the coffee mug holder, such a great idea!

Happy Pink Saturday a little late!

Heidi Jo the Artist
http://swirlsofcreativity.etsy.com
http://swirlsofcreativity.blogspot.com

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Oh I really enjoyed seeing a picture of your dinning room. So shabby sweet! I also love your collection of pink linens. Love the crocheted potholders! I have a few myself. I also love how you drapped the vintage tableclothes over the latter! I do that to sometimes. Or I use my quilts! pink hugs, Ellen p.s. thank you for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments!