Monday, October 27, 2008

Blue Monday - I Am Blue..


Hi Everyone…..

The time is here once again to join in the fun of Blue Monday which is hosted by the lovely Sally at
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/. If you don’t know what Blue Monday’s are all about, head on over to Sally’s blog to find out more about it.

My Blue Monday post this week is going to be me telling you a little bit about my unlucky weekend that has left me feeling a little blue.

The troubles started Friday night when I accidently dropped my new digital camera (which I’ve only had for about one month) while trying to take a picture and I think I did some real damage to it. When I dropped it, the zoom lens was out and I think it was bent out of place as it would not retract back into the camera like it should have. After some twisting and pushing I was finally able to get it to retract, but I think I may have used a little too much force in doing that
and damaged it even more as now the camera won’t even turn on.

I haven’t had a chance to take it in yet to see if it can be fixed or not or if I will just have to buy a new one and I may have to delay doing that for a while as other things occurred this weekend that may end up taking a big chunk of money out of my already tight budget.

Not to bore you will all the details, I will just say that I am having car troubles. Thought at first that it was the battery, but now I am not so sure. Appears it may be worse than that as putting in a new battery does not appear to have solved the problem with the car not wanting to start like it should. There is a delay in the engine catching, so may be the car starter or something else. I dropped my car off at the auto shop Sunday afternoon and left the keys in a drop box as they are closed on Sunday’s. The auto shop will not have a chance to look at it or diagnosis the problem until sometime today or maybe even tomorrow depending on how busy they are. Needless to say, that leaves me without a car so I will have to car pool to work with my sister the next few days.

Who knows what the auto shop will find and how much it will cost me to have repairs done. Until I know for sure, I will need to hold off on getting another new camera, so I am very short on pictures in my files of things with Blue.

The only ones I had not show yet were a few that I took a couple of weeks ago when I was on vacation. I stayed at home during my vacation, but I did take a day trip to the lovely town of Stillwater, Minnesota which is famous for its antique shops. Stillwater is only about a 45 minute drive from where I live and I love to go visit the antique and specialty shops that they have. In addition to its numerous antique shops, Stillwater is also famous for its historic Stillwater lift bridge that crosses the Mississippi river from Minnesota to Wisconsin.

As I was waiting to meet a friend for lunch, I snapped a few photos of the Stillwater lift bridge and the Mississippi River. These shots are facing east towards the Wisconsin side. The skies that day were a lovely shade of blue with fluffy white clouds floating by.

This first shot is of the Stillwater lift bridge….

A shot to the left of the bridge shows the dock where the river boaters can dock their boats. Many pleasure boaters will travel the river from Stillwater to the city of Hudson, WI which is south of Stillwater. This is a great place to picnic on a warm sunny day. It’s fun to sit and watch the boats cruise up and down the river and it’s even better if you are lucky enough to be there during the times the bridge is lifting to allow larger boats to pass under the bridge. If you ever make a trip to Minnesota, I would highly recommend a visit to Stillwater for anyone who enjoys antiquing. I would definitely be worth your time.

And one final shot of the river against the pretty blue sky and the tree lined bluffs along the Wisconsin side of the river....

That’s it for today. I hope to have more news to share in the next few days about my car and camera troubles. Say a prayer or two for me that my troubles will be small and nothing too serious.

Thanks for visiting today. Now head on over to Sally’s blog for a list of other Blue Monday participant’s and make sure you stop by and visit them also to see what fun and interesting things they are showing today.

16 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Aw, I'm sorry that you're blue today. This is the one kind of blue that I don't enjoy. Your pictures are enjoyable though. I hope your week goes a bit better, your car does not cost too much to fix, and some magic happens so that your camera begins working. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday!

Knitty said...

My wishes for a better week ahead to you.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a bummer! Beautiful skies. Hope the week turns out okay for the car and camera!

Anonymous said...

Hoping things improve for you and you get a good dose of Joy this week. The skies are amazing in these shots...

Coloradolady said...

Man, you have every reason to be blue today. Sorry. I hope all works out in your favor. Your pictures are really great. Have a great week, inspite of it all.

Neabear said...

Hope your troubles magically go away. Good luck with everything and thank you for sharing your pretty pictures.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Sorry you're feeling blue. Have you considered calling the manufacturer of the camera and seeing if the camera has a warrenty? Perhaps they'll fix it for you...something similar happened to mine, although I didn't drop it. My lens got stuck too. It took six weeks to get my camera back once they go it, but it's working well now. I hope the problem with your car is something minimal and "cheap". Those pictures are so pretty!
Hugs!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh I did the same thing. Only mine isn't new. So sorry for you! Bet you don't have poison ivy on your face though! :)

Hilda said...

Sorry you don't have a car for a few days. I know how you feel; our car is also in the shop. Sorry to hear about your camera. Maybe it can be fixed.

Sweetie said...

Wow! You are having a "blue" day. First, I hope that the problem with your car is an easy and inexpensive fix. I also hope that your camera can be repaired. I'm looking for a new camera myself. I really like the blues in the photos.
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

Geez..I'm awfully sorry about you having such a blue Monday. That is awful about your camera...and your car too??
Well I hope you receive some good news and it isn't anything too serious. Cars can be such a pain can't they....hmmmmm.

I hope you'll be up and running with your camera too.
The pictures you shared are so lovely...the sky is beautiful and so is the water. You had a lovely drive.

Thank you for sharing and alllll the best with your 2 blue Monday issues...

YOU have been booo-ED. Are you scared? come by and see what its all about.

Have a nice evening.
Judi

Anonymous said...

Kim, I hope your blues go away except the great photos you shared. :) Sometimes we have a day where things go wrong. This too will pass. Cheer up and think of something to laugh about. come read my post in the morning. It might bring a smile to your face.

You have been Boo-ed. Come over and check it out.

Hugs...Jeanne

Kim said...

I am so sorry to hear of your blue weekend. I hope things start looking brighter soon and I must say your pictures are lovely! Ahhh Minnesota! My husband is from Bloomington.
*smiles and a hug*
Kim

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I highly recommend when replacing your camera to get one with a camera strap and use it. I didn’t have one with a strap for awhile and dropped it one too many times too. The digital one I have now has a camera strap and has outlived the other camera’s life tenfold. I like the photos you took, I love scenic views! If you don’t have other blue photos for next Monday, just find something blue on the web. Sometimes that is what I do because I don’t always get the photos from the camera to the computer as fast as I think I will. ;) Hope your week starts to look up. Happy Blue Monday, a little late!

Heidi Jo the Artist
http://swirlsofcreativity.etsy.com
http://swirlsofcreativity.blogspot.com

Pink Slippers said...

Nice place to sit and take walks at.
Wendy

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Sorry about your camera.
Our car is in the shop now too, and we are awaiting the news....
:)