Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pink Saturday



Time flies and once again is time for another “Pink Saturday” hosted by Beverly at http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/. Thank you Beverly for being such a wonderful hostess and for allowing us to share some of our favorite pink things with other likeminded lovers of pink

For those of you who don’t know, last Friday night I dropped my digital camera and damaged it to the point that it won’t even turn on. As a result I am temporarily without a camera and wasn’t able to take any new pictures of pink during the week. To make matters even worse, I also had unexpected and somewhat costly car repairs earlier in the week that took a big chunk of money out of my already tight budget, so I haven’t been able to get my camera fixed yet (if that will even be possible) or to by a new one. I am hoping to find someplace this weekend where they might be able to fix it for me. If not, I will be shopping for a new one.

Luckily, I already had a few pictures of pink downloaded on my computer, so I will be able to share those with you today. Didn't want t miss out on the fun of sharing something pink today.


I have always loved white wicker furniture, and several years ago, when I was still living in an apartment, my Mother bought me a lovely wicker rocking chair for my living room. It's not an antique. I think she found it at Pier 1 Imports, but I love it anyway. I currently have it in my family room in the lower level of my townhouse. I don't much care for the fabric pattern on the seat cushion, so I have covered the cushion and back of the chair with a pretty piece of fabric remant that has some of my favorite pastel colors. It looks like it may have been intended to be a quilt top at one point, but the quilt was never finished. There is also and odd cutout piece on one of the corners that you can not see in the picture, but I loved the fabric so much the missing corner of fabric did not stop me from purchasing it. The chair holds an assortment of some sweet little pillows made from vintage tableclothes and chenille. It is a pretty and cozy place to sit and relax...

Another sweet little item of pink is this pretty pink postcard with a lovely rose print that I have framed in pink. It sits on one of the shelves of my bookcase in the living room where I can see it everyday. The soft shabby colors of pink, blue and green in the card are so pretty.

These final two pictures are of an old vintage sewing box that I found in an antique store. When I found it, it was a dull brown color, but with a coat of soft pink paint on the inside and outside and the addition of some decoupauge paper in a well known "victorian hand" pattern, it has turned into a lovely little storage box. I recently found another unfinished sewing box just like this one at a Goodwill store for only $3.99. It was the same dull brown color as this one used to be, but I have painted the new one pink also and I am going to finish it of with some decoupage flowers and give it as a Christmas gift to a friend. This is about as artistic as I can can get.


That's all for today. As always, I thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come back and visit again soon. I will hopefully be back in full force within a week or two once I get my camera fixed or buy myself a new one.
Luckily, I have another post already completed and ready to go that I will be sharing during the upcoming week. If you are looking for a fun and creative way to reduce your piles of decorating magazines without throwing the best parts of them away, make sure you come back and visit later in the week to see what I have done with mine. I will leave you with the words “Decorating Scrapbooks” as a little teaser of what is to come....

Have a great weekend!!!

26 comments:

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Loved your PINK post!

~ Gabriela ~

Robyn said...

Kin, so sorry to hear about the bad luck you've had lately, hopefully things will get better!The decoupage job looks great! So glad you had some pics already downloaded to share!
Have a fun pink saturday!

Glennis said...

Hope things get better soon. Seems like misfortunes always come together. Good luck to you!

Lovely photos - I hope you're back in business soon.

SmilingSally said...

Sorry about your camera, but you still did a fine job. Happy Pink Saturday!

Neabear said...

Yay, I am glad you managed to find something to use for pink saturday. I hope you solve your camera problem soon. Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie said...

You are so creative!! Love the chair...very cozy. You must be so bummed about the camera. I hear that those disposable ones take decent pics...maybe to fill in while you get your camera fixed.

I can't wait to see what you have in mind for the magazines!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

imjacobsmom said...

Well you pulled off a great post - even without your camera. Hope you have an enjoyable Pink Saturday! ~ Robyn

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Kim. I'm sorry it has been a hard week.

I love all of your pinks today. Your chair looks so pretty with all of the gorgeous pillows.

Katie said...

Don't feel bad, our last camera was ruined when I dropped it. Luckily it had given us many years of good use and had been acting oddly anyway. But I am sorry about the car troubles. My DH is a mechanic and poor guy is having to spend his Saturday working on our car and our SIL's car too! Wish I could slip your car in there for you!

Love the shabby pinks of course! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

What a cozy looking chair! I'd love to sit in it and have a cup of tea!
Happy Pink Saturday!

American Homemaker said...

You have such pretty things :) Sorry about your camera.

Vintage To Chic said...

great post even without a camera, hope you have a pink week,
Hugs
Judy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Kim I am sorry to hear about your camera girl..it seems like every time one thing happen then another..love your chair girl..hugs and smiles Gloria

Betty said...

What a bummer about your camera. I would be lost without mine! I hope you can get it fixed. I love your pink pictures though. That wicker chair with the pretty pillows looks like a place I'd like to spend some time!!

Virginia said...

You always have such pretty things.
Hope things get better soon, but anyway....
Have a wonderful& Bless weekend,
Virginia

KatCollects said...

Your sewing box turned out very pretty. Happy Pink Saturday.
Kathy

said...

Sorry to hear about your camera. I know how annoying it is to have camera trouble. You did such a lovely paint job on your sewing boxes!

Pink Slippers said...

Great pink post. Happy belated PINK Saturday.
Wendy

Shirl said...

Hi Kim, Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you for stoppping by and leaving such a sweet comment. I love looking at people decorating ideas too! I love your wicker chair and the quilted fabric and pillow on it. It looks so pretty, your post card is so pretty and looks great in that frame. The sewing box is to die for. Just love it! I scrolled through your blog and you have alot of pretty things. I love the vintage crochet potholders. One of my favorite things to collect. You will have to be sure to see my kitchen christmas tree this year. You will love it!!!!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Sherri said...

just my style. Love the pillows and fabric on the chair--it is all so sweet.

Leslie said...

Love the fabric on the chair and the pillows are sweet. Sorry to here about your camera. Things will get better.
Happy Pink Saturday!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Happy Belated Pink Saturday & I love your blog header picture! lovely. have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Great Pink Posts....beautiful chair....Hope you have a better week this week...Happy Pink....Love your Blue monday too! Sorry I'm late posting comments...had to work Saturday...Thanks for stopping by and sweet comments...Happy New Week...Kathy

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Your chair, my tea set and we're set...shall I pour?

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely pink pics! Hope you're having a fun pink week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim so nice to meet you. I have been trying to get to all the PINKS but wow so many and now it's Tuesday already wow
Love your pink post and that comfy chair.
Hope you get a camera soon and hang on to it real tight.
Claudie from Canada