Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Little Bit of Yellow Sunshine..

Living in Minnesota, I dread the coming of winter when everything outside seems to lose its color. Things that used to have such lovely and vibrant colors begin to turn dreary shades of brown, gray and dirty white.

That’s why for me, my home becomes even more a refuge as I surround myself with the soft and pretty colors that will sooth me and bring me comfort during the long, dark and cold winter months.

Over the years, in order to bring a little sunshine into my home, I began adding the color yellow into my décor. When browsing the antique malls and gift shops, I keep my eye out for pretty things in the color yellow that I can add to my collection. I am drawn towards the softer shades of yellow and not the bright shades you sometimes see.

Today, I thought I would welcome you into my home for a little peek at some of the yellow in my collection.

This first photo is of a small end table that sits along one of the walls in my living room. I use this table to display the largest portion of my collection of yellow. From the yellow in the pretty flower filled floral pitcher to some of the small items such as a vintage heat shaped candy box with a rose cover, a yellow planter filled with pastel colored buttons, a pretty vase with a yellow and pink floral pattern and a few other miscellaneous yellow its, this corner is filled with sunshine all year around….
A closer view of some of the items on the table...


And in my dining room, displayed on a shelf is a lovely yellow and green lady planter figurine. She looks very much like Marie Antoinette.

And lastly, a cute little white planter with yellow flowers that holds a vintage yellow crocheted potholder.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today. I hope that you enjoyed seeing some of my collection of yellow and that I may have added a little sunshine and cheer into your day.

8 comments:

Grandma Faith said...

Hello, Kim, your pretty yellow things are very cheerful. Good idea to bring the sunshine inside!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

awww Kim what a great way to warm you up when the oooohhh chilly snow hits! So it's getting colder there now? Oh man its boiling hot here today. Wouldnt it be nice to find a happy medium!

Love your yellows so much, they are all so pretty and fresh!

Hugs,
Shann xo

Connie said...

Your whole blog is delightful, honey!! I also love yellow and pink mixed together. It's just a "lively" color and reminds me of sunny days. I'll mix some in with my stuff also if you don't mind me copying ya, chickee!!
Smooches,
Connie

candy said...

HI Kim
Thanks for the comment :)

Candy

Neabear said...

I thought I posted a comment earlier about loving your yellows. Actually now I forget what I said. But I have painted our office/sewing room yellow to make it more cheery in there since it is kind of a dark room. I am happy to see someone else who likes to use yellow.

Hilda said...

Your collection of yellow things is so pretty! Really lovely! Thanks for sharing!
Hilda

Pink Slippers said...

Very pretty. Very cheery. Very lovely.

Katie said...

Oh so fresh and spingtime-ey! You poor dear having to put up with MN winters. Oh my. Well, this yellow will help a lot!