Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pink Saturday - Practical & Pretty

Another very busy week has zipped by and it's time once again to share in the fun of Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly at http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/. When you're done visiting here, head on over to Beverly's blog for a list of other Pink Saturday participant's to see what fun and beautiful pink things they will have to share with you.

Pink... A color that for me is both pretty and comforting. I love to surround myself with objects in my favorite color of pink. Some of the objects are practical for everyday use and others are just for sitting quietly on a shelf and adding beauty to a room.

For practical use and to keep things organized and tidy, I have a couple of these darling pink rose patterned wood bins in two different sizes. I have the smaller one on my desk in my home office to hold miscellaneous items and the larger one sits on the shelf of a wicker stand in my spare bedroom.

I found mine at my favorite Home Goods store a while back. They had them in pink, green and blue and they came in different sizes from small, medium to large. In addition to the pink ones, I also purchased a medium size one in blue and a large one in green. They are both pretty and functional at the same time.

If you like these, I recommend you visit the website katiesrosecottage.com/. I was browsing Lori's website yesterday and noticed that she has a few of them for sale at a very reasonable price. If you've never visited Lori at her selling site, you are definately missing out. She has fabulous items for sale and her service is excellent. I am frequent shopper on her website and I have yet to be disappointed in anything I have purchased from her.

Now for the not so functional, but never the less pretty, I have this sweet little pink lady planter figurine that holds a small bunch of artifical pink roses. She is kept on my coffee table in the living room where I can see and enjoy her everday.

I hope you enjoyed the little bit of pink I shared today. Now if you have the time and have always wondered if there was a way to reduce your piles of decorating magazines without losing the best parts of them, check out my last post titled "Decorating Scrapbooks" to see how I've reduced mine and still kept my favorite parts of them.

Have a great weekend and come back and visit again soon!!

24 comments:

Gone said...

Happy PINK Saturday, Kim...all of your items are soooooo pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi Kim & Happy Pink Saturday....my favorite store is Home Goods so I know you can find the best stuff there. I was there yesterday and they have tons of Christmas stuff out...not much pink though...mostly silver. Love your little pink lady.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

fairiemoon said...

I do so love pretty organizational tools! Yours are perfect! Speaking of pretty organizational tools, I also used to store my favorite photos in a notebook, much like you. But you have taken it to a whole new level of lovely with your page protectors. If I came to visit, I would definitely have to snuggle in a corner with a cup of tea and peruse your tantalizing notebooks. Happy Pink Saturday!

Fifi Flowers said...

It looks like you have Beverly's figurine... the Pink Saturday icon.
Enjoy your day!
Fifi

Anonymous said...

We do not have a Home Goods Store here in Canada we have a Home Sense store same idea...how weird is that?
I always find beautiful things at reasonable prices.
Love your little planter. I have a similar one.
Claudie from Canada

Sherri said...

I love the pinks you shared today. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I always hear so much about Home Goods store. Wish we had one. I love your pink lady. She is so sweet. Happy PS.

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I love your little box from Home Goods...that store is about 40 minutes or so from my home without traffic so I do not get there often...I guess thats a good things....Lovely Pink post....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Love the PINK figurine, so cute!

~ Gabriela ~

Neabear said...

Such pretty pinks you have for us today. I love the cute figurine in your living room. I have never been to a Home Goods store. Don't know where they are. I guess I better ask Mo, since she lives maybe an hour from me and find out where the one she visits is located.

Katie said...

Girl, I'm half way done redoing my entire house to shabby soft. It's a daunting task at this point, the rest of it I mean, so, maybe I'll just come move in with you!

Happiest of Pink Saturdays to you!

Anonymous said...

Kim, thank you for your story about your grandma on my post. Hummingbirds are the most amazing birds and have lots of fans.

Your baskets are darling and your little figurine is so cute. It's funny what makes us smile each day. The best thing is to smile and often.

Hugs...Jeanne

Kim said...

I so love your little pink girl figurine. She looks oh-so old fashioned!
*smiles and many pink wishes to you*
Kim

Stephanie said...

I just love it when functionality and PRETTY meet up...isn't that great? I'll have to go take a look at those containers.

Adorable little planter!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

Miss Rhea said...

Awe, what a sweet little girl she is !! Love that container too. I could find a lot of uses for that !! Thanks so much for the B-day wishes !! :) Happy Pink Saturday !! :)

said...

Kim, your storage box is great - Home Goods is SO the place to find great stuff like that! And your little planter is darling. :o)

Katie said...

Kim, about your comment on my blog about that pretty fleece fabric. Now you don't have to sew at all for it to be a blanket. The "flipside" of that fab is just as pretty. All you do is figure out how long you want your blanket, have them cut that much. Then, simply cut the selvedge edges off. You can either cut a nice scallop shape all around the edges or, just cut into the edge about 1.5" wide and oh, maybe about 6" deep, all around to make a "fringe" edge. No sewing!

SmilingSally said...

I love Home Store too! Happy PINK Saturday, Kim.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Kim.

Your bins are great and so pretty. I love Home Goods - such a fantastic store.

It's wonderful to surround yourself with things you enjoy.

Cottage Rose said...

Oh I love that pink bin
Rose

KatCollects said...

Happy Belated Pink Saturday!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Your pinks are wonderful..I really like the baskets, they're so pretty. Happy late Pink Saturday and have a great week. Come visit..:)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Your Pink is beautiful! I like the little planter, she is beautiful! Take Care!!

Sherrie

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

How did I miss your post.. I wonder! hehehehe anyway.. I love your pinky girl planter here.. she is so sweet.. and I have one of your wood bins.. mine is of course in pink.. in medium size..

have a great week!
fitty