Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fun Display Pieces......

Happy Saturday Girls...........

Just popping in for a quick post today to share a few pics of one of my newest little treasures I discovered just a little over a week ago while shopping in the antique mall.

I found this cute little rack being used as a display pieces which at the time was holding some embroidered tea towels in the shop. It looks to be a side rail from a doll crib and was painted a perfectly shabby shade of green and has just the right amount of distress to it.

Add some pretty hankies and a crocheted doily and voila!! A perfect little display piece that fits in perfectly with my vintage, shabby chic decor..........

It will be a fun way to display some of my pretty linens and hardly cost me anything. I think this was only around $5.00 or so.

A real bargain after all the money I've been spending on my Christmas shopping. Almost done with that thank goodness. Just a few more things to get and then I'll find myself buried knee deep in wrapping paper, ribbons and bows.

Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you again on Tuesday for the final week of my "Tea Things Tuesday" event.

4 comments:

stefanie said...

So perfect for your gorgeous hankies.

Jocelyn said...

It looks very lovely Kim.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you it was painted! Too cute!
I saw a bare one at the GW but I've made a deal with myself- No more "needs to be painted" purchases.

Do you know why? Because I won't paint them for years! ♥

debi said...

What a sweet way to display pretty hankies...I love it!