Monday, December 20, 2010

My Fun New Crafting Toy.....

Hi Girls....

Long time no see huh? Life is kind of slow for me at the moment and I haven't had too much to blog about, hence, my blog posts have been few and far between over the past few months.

Today though, I thought I would pop in to say hello and share with you a new little crafting toy that I just purchased yesterday at Archiver's Scrapbook Store, using a discount coupon I had received in the mail and a little bit of what I've done with it so far.

My new toy is a two inch scalloped circle punch ....

The possibilities are endless as to what I will be able to create using my new toy.

I put it to good use last night as I was watching television, punching several scalloped circles using three different paper products. This first batch began it's life as the covers of three 12x12 heavy duty scrapbook paper pads which I already had on hand and didn't want to throw away thinking I might be able to use them in some way (I had torn out all of the papers from each pad to make it easier to store the papers in some plastic scrapbook paper cases).

The next batch I cut started their life as a roll of floral wallpaper that I had found at the Goodwill store a few months ago for just a few dollars. I first cut strips of the wallpaper just a little over 2 inches wide to make it easier to handle and then punched the scalloped circles until I had quite a pile of them.

These are just a few I removed from the small tin canister that I will store them in until they are ready to be used in my crafting projects.. As you can see, they are a bit curled on account of the paper having been rolled, but a little glue will solve that problem once they are added to my paper crafts.

I also used the scalloped punch to cut up several pages of an old church hymnal from which I have already taken pages out and cut up to use for layering in my tags.

A pretty china dish is currently holding the scalloped circles that I cut out from the card stock paper pad.

And last but not least, thanks to the wonders of Blogland and YouTube, I found some really awesome videos out on YouTube that feature crafters doing mini tutorials on all sorts of fun crafting projects.

The YouTube video tutorial which I have posted below is one I am definitely going to have to try. It looks very simple and I already have all of the supplies I need on hand to create some crepe paper flowers, so watch my future blog posts to see what I come up with..

Here's the YouTube video.... Hopefully it will actually be viewable once I publish my post. If you have any problems viewing it, leave me a comment and I will try and fix it here on my end.



Happy Crafting !!!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Hi Kim,
Fun shapes and the possibilities of using them are endless! That was a fun buy. We are getting hammered with snow today and I hear it will be getting you too. Stay safe!
Valerie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Merry Christmas, Kim!!!
Isn't paper crafting so much FUN!!!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas...I want to move..too much SNOW for ME!!
Warmly,
deb :)