Monday, February 27, 2012

I've Got To Quit Hoarding All Of My Creations...

Yep... That's what I've told myself and I've come to the conclusion that it's time to start giving some of them away so that others can enjoy them to.  I just have to stop keeping them all for myself.

Three of my recent creations have recently been given to a friend of mine for her birthday.  Sweet and simple handmade gifts for her on her special day.

Someone asked me once in one of my older posts how I planned on using these vintage Bingo cards that I purchased at last Falls Junk Bonanza in my crafting projects. 


Well, here's one way I've used one of them.  I used it to make a sweet collage for my friend using a pretty image of a Victorian lady and other odds and ends.  The vintage game card letter "Y" that I used just happens to be the first initial of my friends name. 


I chose to use the floral scrapbook paper behind the image to coordinate with a new altered wooden spool that I also made for her.



I also tried to keep the color theme the same in both items so they have a coordinated look if my friend chooses to display them together.


These are just two of the three items I made for her and I hope she likes them just as much as I do. The third item wasn't finished quite yet when I was taking pictures so you'll have to wait for another time to see that one.

Next time, I'll share a few more of the altered spools that I made with you.  Be sure and come back to see those..

No comments: