Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Altered Composition Notebook - Part Two .....

Hey Girls...

I'm back to share more of my altered composition notebook project with you.  In my last post, you got to see how I altered the inside of the notebook.  Now it's time to see how I altered the outside.

I wanted it to have a shabby/vintage look to it, so I modgepodged scraps of some shabby/vintage style scrapbook papers to the front and back covers....



I added one of the new fabric flowers I had recently purchased at Michael's in the corner..


Then I painted the black spine of the notebook with some pale pink craft paint and covered it with some wide lace trim I had in my stash, adhering it with my hot glue gun....




I also added a strip of some vintage looking velvet crochet trim to the edge....


I love how it turned out and even though it took me longer to complete than I first thought it would, it was a fun project to work on.

All that's left now is deciding on what type of closure I will use for the notebook.  I'm thinking I will punch small holes in the front and back covers to thread some ribbon through to tie them together for a simple and easy closure.  And later, I will probably add some bits and pieces of other small embellishments and images to pretty up the inside pages even more.

Well, that's all until next time.  See you soon!!!

2 comments:

Alex - Topogina Bonetto said...

I love it! Well done!

Hugs from Venice, italy.

alex

Terri said...

Hello Kim, I just found you by "accident" Yay!
I love what you are doing with the composition books. Inside and out, just beautiful! The flower you made and the lace edging really make your books gorgeous!
Hugs,
Terri
newest follower : )