Whew... I finally finished the big part of my latest craft project so now it's time for you to see what I've been up to lately. I started this project about a week or so before Christmas and just finished it yesterday.
It all started with this $1.oo composition notebook that I bought at the dollar store.
I wanted to create another scrappy altered art journal/book similar to the one I made last summer using a vintage ledger book. You can see that post here.
Following the same steps that I did with my first altered journal, I started by first tearing out about one third of the pages in the notebook to thin it out a bit (you'll see why later...), then I went through the notebook modgepodging sections of three pages together throughout the notebook to make them thicker and more sturdy.
Then came the fun and somewhat messy part which was modgepodging small scraps of scrapbook paper in a random patchwork pattern throughout the notebook.
These are some of the finished pages.
With a few little oop's along the way when some of the pages would stick together and the paper would tear in spots as I pulled them apart.
By the time I was done with this part, the notebook had nearly tripled in thickness (hence the need for the earlier removing of about one third of the pages before I started) and I had gone through nearly a full 16 0z. bottle of Modge Podge.
In my next post, I'll show you how I altered the outside of the notebook.