Monday, March 18, 2013

Crafting With Old Stuff And New Stuff....

Hi Girls,

If I haven't mentioned it before, I love creating things that have a "vintage" look to them.  An easy way to do that is to incorporate some real vintage items along with the new.

A perfect example of this is the altered canvas I made over the weekend.  I used both new and vintage items on this piece.

 
The "new" being the scrapbook papers, buttons and paper flowers....


And the "vintage" being the vintage photo and trims...



And or course, throwing the word "vintage" in helps just a bit too..

They all come together beautifully to create another piece that I will enjoy displaying in my craft room.

Happy crafting!!!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hello Kim,
This is lovely! The layers and laces look fab with your vintage photo. Glad you are having fun in the art room!
Hugs,
Terri