Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Teacup Tuesday - Week 4

Hello my friends...

"Teacup Tuesday" has arrived once again and I'm so happy that you've stopped by today for a peak at another one of my teacups. I've enjoyed being able to share my collection with you through pictures. What I would love even more, but know is almost impossible due to the fact that all of my blogging buddies are scattered around the country, would be able to let you see them in person.

I would love to be able to invite you into my home for a tea party where we could feast on some delicious warm scones and other fancy tea treats and sip cups of hot tea while we visit and get to know each other better.

This week, I am going to show one of my newest teacups that I've just added to my collection.

This one is another Royal Albert teacup but in the "Moss Rose" pattern. I am showing a few different photos so you can see it in several different ways.

I actually found this teacup on the same day and in the same antique shop that I found the set of 4 Royal Albert "American Beauty" desert plates that I mentioned in last weeks post. A funny little story about finding this new teacup is that I had not even made my way into the store yet when I spotted the teacup sitting on a little wicker table in the window display. The beauty of the teacup caught my eye as I was admiring the window display all done up in a Spring garden theme. I knew before I even walked into the store that I would be leaving with it and I'm so happy that I did.

After returning home, I did a little research on this pattern and learned that it has been discontinued, so I know that it will be hard to find some matching pieces to add to my collection, but that's the thrill of shopping for antiques. It's the hunt that keeps drawing me back over and over again whether I find what I'm looking for or not.
Come back next Tuesday to see more of my collection.

9 comments:

Stephenie said...

What a beautiful teacup...The pattern is just so gorgeous...I really love it..
Stephenie

Anonymous said...

My eyes feel so happy after Tea cup Tuesday! ☺ ♥

Katie said...

I'm so enjoying your Teacup Tuesdays! Wish you would Mr. Linky it I'll bet lots of ladies would do this!

I think you need some of my Tea Roses for one of your cups! Email me and I'll send you some shabby sis! shabbyroses4u@yahoo.com

This particular cup is quite lovely!

Melinda said...

Hi Kim...LOVE this one! I think its my fav so far!!

I completely forgot to take a pic for this weeks Tea Cup...but I still have something in mind :-)

Jocelyn said...

I would love to go shopping with you :-) And have a cup of tea also. Thanks for sharing the beautiful tea cup. I have only found your blog about a week ago, but it is so lovely.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Royal Albert.. the ever famous china ware and you are so lucky to have some! and this teacup is stunning! I love it.. and I guess tea taste better in this cup! hehehehe Have a great day!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

What is it about a beautiful tea cup that just makes you happy....very romantic....cozy....I could go on....I do love a pretty tea cup....
Hugs,
Mo ;-)

CIELO said...

Beautiful... I have enjoyed my visit here...

cielo

Nanette said...

Very pretty!
Valerie