Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Teacup Tuesday - Week 8

Hello my friends and welcome to another edition of “Teacup Tuesday”.

Before we get to the teacup this week, let me first say that I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day Weekend. I had a great time with my own mother on Mother’s day. My family is not what you could call “Fancy” and we did nothing extravagant to celebrate Mom’s special day. My siblings and I along with my brother-in-law and nieces and nephew just spent the afternoon at my Mom’s visiting and having a barbeque lunch. It was the perfect way to spend a quiet Sunday afternoon.

Now, to get on with the purpose of today’s post, this week I have chosen to share another Royal Albert teacup from my collection. This teacup is part of the Gaiety Series and the pattern is called “Valeta”. This pattern features roses mixed in with moss green leaves. The top and bottom of the teacup are trimmed in my favorite color of pink as is the saucer. It is so pretty!!


It even has a spray of roses on the inside edge of the teacup. Don't you just love teacups that have the floral patterns on the insides of the teacups as well as the outsides?

Another view with more of the saucer showing....

This teacup I inherited from my Great Aunt Hester when she passed away several years ago. It is very special to me and I think about her and what a kind and sweet lady she was every time I use it. I also appreciate the fact that she enjoyed collecting teacups as much as I do.

I hope you aren’t getting bored yet seeing the teacups in my collection as I still have quite a few more to show. Who knows, before these “Teacup Tuesday” post ends, I may even have added a few more to my collection… LOL

Now that you’re done visting me, please stop over and visit these lovely ladies who are joining me this week to see the teacups they are showing. They would love to have you stop by for a visit:

Katie
Rose Breeze Boutique
Melinda Everything Shabby and Chic
Jocelyn at Happy Cottage Quilter

...and Sew On


Don’t forget. If there is anyone else who is interested in joining me each week for “Teacup Tuesday”, you are more than welcome to. It is open to anyone who wants to participate. Remember to, that it is not something you need to do every week. You can just join me whichever weeks you choose. All you need to do to join in the fun is send me an Email by Monday night with the link to your blog and I will include your blogs link in my post for the upcoming week.

I hope that more of you will join us in the upcoming weeks, even if it’s just once or twice. The more ladies we have joining in, the more fun it will be.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Take care and have enjoy the rest of your week.

8 comments:

debi said...

I LOVE that teacup! It's soooo beautiful!

Katie said...

Morning and Happy Teacup Tuesday! I sure like the pink band on this one!

Nanette said...

That is a beautiful cup! I know I didn't tell you in time but I did post about my Homer Laughlin teacups this week. Would love to have you visit and take a look. I just found a new one last weekend, it is so pretty! I visited Jocelyn's site, she sure has a pretty one posted too.
Valerie

Jocelyn said...

Oh Kim, such a beautiful teacup! I just love it!! Everything about it is beautiful.

Jocelyn

Sandi said...

Pretty teacup Kim! So sorry I did not get one listed today. Once again I FORGOT! LOL I am trying to get ready for a garage sale and that doesn't help any. Hope you have a wonderful evening!
Blessings~

Caroline said...

I love that teacup..it is so pretty!

andsewon said...

What a real pretty one!!! Love the dainty ones!!Such sweet memories attached to it too.

Stephenie said...

I just love your teacup..I must say you have the prettiest teacups I have ever seen...I would love to come and shop for teacups at you house(hehe)...
Stephenie