Thursday, August 12, 2010

It Took A Few Days.....

But I finally found a spot to put my cute pink wicker cabinet/shelf I found a week or so ago.

It now resides in my bedroom atop a small little bookshelf. It's just the perfect size to fill the spot.

It has a few empty spots that need to be filled (an excuse to do a bit more shopping I think) and I'm not quite sure I'll continue displaying the white milk glass pieces on top. The vases are a bit on the taller side and I feel like they compete too much with the picture above. Most likely, I'll replace them with something shorter.

I love how the white looks though against the pink color of the shelf/cabinet.

I learned one thing during the process of taking pictures of this wicker cabinet and that is the fact that it was extremely difficult to photograph and get a nice sharp and clear picture of it. Not sure if it has to do with the wickers weave pattern or if it's just my lousy photography skills. Most of the pictures I've taken of this cabinet appear to be a bit blurred for some reason. These were the best I could get.

Now, I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can do a bit of fun shopping and look for some new treasures to display on my new cabinet.

I'm also looking forward to some much more comfortable weather as the extreme heat and humidity finally move out. Yeah!!!!! Now I can be outside without feeling like I'm going to wilt.

Well, it's getting late and I'd best wrap things up as another work day will soon be upon us and that's gonna come up awful fast and I need to get some sleep before then.

Have a great Friday and a fun and fabulous weekend!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this cabinet!! I absolutely adore retro shelves & cabinets & have several!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I've had a hard time photographing my wicker, too! Hmmm...

Well I love your milk glass collection. That round one with a stopper is really sweet! ♥