Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Magic Of Paint ....

It's hard to believe, but I have lived in my town house for eight years now. I closed on my house near the end of January 2003, but I didn't move into my house until a little over a week later.

Why did I wait so long between closing and moving in? Well that's a simple thing to answer. It's because the interior of my home needed some minor cosmetic work to make it a little more me before I could actually move in.

Besides having brand new carpet installed throughout the home and new flooring installed in the kitchen, the most drastic change that needed to take place was in my dining room area.

I had to get rid of this before I could even think about moving in .............

Good grief. Who in the world ever thought that painting a huge old mural like that on the wall was a good idea ??? It totally overpowered the dining area made it feel closed in and like I was being attacked by that big old tree. And I hated the colors.

Thank goodness for the magic of paint. It made that ugly old painted mural disappear within minutes and turned that ugly space from the room you see in the picture above, to the more serene and soothing room you see below ....

Now that is about 500 times better don't you think ???

Stay tuned as I'll be sharing before and after shots of my living room next time.

2 comments:

Cindy@shabbynsweet said...

Kim, i have to agree with you, the tree took over the room, but what a gorgeous room now, it looks wonderful.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful room you have turned it into!!
So many pretty things you have in this sweet room!!

Hugs,
Debbie