Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trying To Get Organized.....

This my friends is why I did not feel worthy of joining in with last months Where Bloggers Create party...


While I myself love to be surrounded by lots of pretty things, even if it does look a little bit  very cluttered, I have to say its a kind embarrassing to let others see what it really looks like most of the time.  Although, I'm guessing most of your craft spaces/studio's probably look just like this quite a bit of the time too.


Beings my crafting space is pretty much just limited to 6 foot folding table in one corner of my spare bedroom (which has no bed), I have been trying to organize it a little better in my attempt to make it feel and look less cluttered, adding some new pieces like the brown computer riser/shelf thingy you see in the first picture above which I was then able to place items on top of, to create a bit more storage space..

And my transformed desk caddy that I altered last month keeps some of my smaller papers, etc more organized as well.


In addition to my crafting table, the only real other storage space I have in the room is a bookcase that I moved from my family room downstairs to the spare room upstairs and I am using it to display and store some of my crafting things, collectibles, magazines, etc....



Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a "studio", but it's a place I love to spend time in when I'm feeling creative.

Maybe next year, I'll have to join in on the Where Bloggers Create bandwagon and share what I hope will be my more organized creative space with you.

7 comments:

Tammy's Vintage Finds said...

Your workspace is beautiful and looks great compared to mine! My spare bedroom looks like someone threw a stick of dynamite in it. I have scrapbooking and antique booth stuff everywhere. One of these days I'll get organized...I keep telling myself that in hopes that it will sink into my head.

theromanticrose said...

che belle cose hai!!!Rosetta

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Looks great to ME! I have my stuff on tables in the family room since hubby still hasn't made me "studio/craftroom"!!! Maybe next year!
Warmly,
deb :)

debi said...

Kim,
Your studio space is beautiful! You have so many pretty things! You should definitely join 'where bloggers create'.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

It is a charming space!
I've intended to join in the Where Bloggers Create this year and last, but sadly I'm not organized enough!
:)
~Becca~

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Kim,

Stopping by to see what you are up to this weekend. Your space looks fine to me! Very pretty in fact!

Debbie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful space you have and I think it looks charming!! Love the big handled basket!!

Hugs,
Debbie