Thursday, August 27, 2009

Even Small Things Can Be Beautiful...

Oh my goodness... The days are just flying by aren't they? Where oh' where does the time go?

Seems like summer just started and now it's rapidly winding down and coming to an end. Before I know it, we will be deep into another long, dark, cold and snowy winter and I can tell you already that I am not looking forward to that at all. With the strange weather we've had here in Minnesota this summer with much cooler than normal temperatures, it almost has me scared to think about what the winter is going to bring.

The best thing I can do to take my mind off of that is to give myself a nice dose of "retail therapy" and I recently did just that and lucky for me, I didn't come home empty handed.

Tucked far back and almost hidden on a shelf in one of the antique shops I recently visited was the prettiest little china basket with a lovely raised pink rose and just a small touch of purple from what I believe are pansy's. So cute and just the perfect size to hold business cards that I aquire from different places. Functional and pretty at the same time.

I hope you've all been having a good week and that you have some fun plans for the weekend. I'm looking forward to Saturday when my family and others will gather to celebrate my sweet niece McKenzie's 8th birthday which is on Friday the 28th. She is growing up so fast and is getting ready to start 3rd grade in just a matter of days. So hard to believe as it seems like just yesterday that she was a tiny little baby that I could hold in my arms. Now she is a beautiful, bright, funny, opinionated and sometimes very stubborn young girl whom I love and adore even more now than I did eight years ago.


Have a great weekend !!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Hope you have a great weekend too. Love your little rose basket. Maybe you will find other treasures this weekend too.

luv2quilt2 said...

I love visiting your blog with so many pretties. Have a wonderful weekend with your niece.

Nanette said...

Oh those are lovely little pansies on your basket! Hope you have fun this weekend with your family.
Valerie