Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yummy Yellows....

Hey there girls, I'm back again. Happy Saturday to all of you. Forgive me for being absent for a few extra days, but I felt the need to give myself an extra few days away from blogging to focus on some other things, but now I've returned.

Last week I shared with you my small but pretty collection of purple. Today, you're going to see some of my collection of yellow. This collection is much larger than my collection of purple, but I've been adding to this one over a much longer period of time. Besides the color pink, I think the soft buttery shades of yellow have to be my second favorite. The yellow is so cheerful and soothing at the same time and even during the long and cold months of winter when the sun is but a dream, this little corner of my living room is like a ray of sunshine and it always makes me feel better when I see it.

And if you know me as well as I think you do, you will realize that it's impossible for me to stay away from pinks and roses, so of course those have snuck into this collection of yellow as well. The vases are covered in a lovely rose pattern as is the large watering can overflowing with an abundance of silk flowers.

Here's a closer view of my favorite cottage style vases. They are so pretty and I'm always thrilled when I manage to find a new one in good condition for a good price...

The collection also includes a small buttery yellow flower pot, a flower basket trinket box, a pretty floral picture framed in yellow and sitting just in front of that, a small china demitasse cup with pink and yellow roses..

The front of the little end table that I have my collection of yellow displayed on has a built-in magazine rack that works perfectly for displaying a few small plates with pretty pink and yellow floral patterns. Oh so lovely....

Well, that's all for today girls. Time to drag myself away from the computer and do some cleaning. I'll be back soon....

4 comments:

Nanette said...

Love the yellows, Kim, and what a wonderful display for your plates. Very cheery!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! Love it! Pink and Yellow together are so yummy! Love your table, too! ♥

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I have a sugar that is the buttery yellow and I just love it! So cheery to look at. Yours are beautiful!~Patti

The Faded Cottage said...

I just love your collections! I love the buttery yellow color, so soothing to look at and blend well with many other colors! Thanks for sharing your collections with all of us, there great to look at!!, Janice