Thursday, May 24, 2012

A New Treasure.....

Hi Girls...

For those of you who have been following my blog for some time may recall seeing these first two pictures before.  Pictures I took after a little tragedy that occurred last Spring when a trip to the antique store ended in a bit of a mishap with one of the treasures I had found.

A vintage Pin Money bank that sadly broke after I accidently dropped the bag it was in as I was getting out of the car and before I had even made it into the house..

 
Boo Hoo.... It was quite heartbreaking to say the least.  :-(


Well, thankfully, my luck recently changed for the better and I am now the happy new owner of a replacement for that broken Pin Money bank.


It looks to be an almost exact duplicate of the one that broke, but I can't say for sure as the first one ended up in so many pieces it's really hard to tell.  The spray of flowers on the front look nearly the same though so I am guessing that it is. Or I can pretend it is anyways.

A pretty new pink find to add to my collection.

And let's just say, I was extra, extra careful with this one to make sure it made it safely into the house in one piece.

See you soon !!!

2 comments:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I'm so happy you found a replacement! I've had that exact mishap before. I had a lovely vintage platter and a few steps out of my car I dropped it. Never even made it in the door! So I know just how that feels!
Michelle

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Love it! Do you know where the term, "pin" money comes from? It's a neat little story. Go ahead and google it!