Saturday, May 19, 2012

Shopping Goodwill For Crafting Stuff....

Hi Girls...

If you're a crafter like me, you've probably found yourself looking for things to use in your craft project in all sorts of places.

I myself am always keeping my eyes open in hopes of finding different and maybe slightly ordinary and mundane things that one would typically not think of as being something to use for crafting.

And I lucked out today at one of my local Goodwill stores where I came across these in the "Office Supply" aisle.



Just a box of unused manila index card dividers, about the same sturdiness of the manila colored tags that I use in creating my tags.  The box was completely full so there were lots of them in the box...


And at the bottom of the box, were some blue, heavier weight alphabetized dividers..


I altered one real quickly with just a leftover peice of pretty scrapbook paper as an example to show you how they can be turned from something boring and mundane, into something a bit more pretty..


In addition to the box of index card dividers, I also found a ridiculously cheap roll of some vintage looking vinyl wallpaper. 



While it's not the truly vintage wallpaper I would love to find, I think I'll be able to incorporate little pieces of it here and there quite easily in my tags and collages.



So remember... keep your eyes open wherever you are shopping as you just never know what you may find.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds, Kim! ♥

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Dontcha love it when you go into a thrift store, not expecting much, but hit something wonderful?!! I LOVE those days! Then there are the days when you're all giddy going in and come out with nothing. Sad. Like you, I try to find unique things I can craft with, you definitely found a great score!

Jill