Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Day Of School.......

My family is the most important thing to me, and while I am not married and have no children of my own, I am a very lucky and proud Auntie to my younger sisters three children who I love and adore to pieces.

The youngest two are twins who turned 5 years old in April. Hunter and Kylee started kindergarten this year and I just had to share with you a picture that was taken on their first day of school as they were waiting for the school bus to arrive.

They are best buddies and just too cute for words!!!

Because I haven't had much else to do this week while I've been on vacation, I've been playing around on my blog changing some pictures. I'm sure you've already noticed that I changed my blog header photo. I figured it was time for something new to freshen it up a bit. Sorry, no Fall colors here. I love my pastels too much to give them up, even for the change of seasons and the holidays. I also changed my profile picture as well. Just thought I would point that out so you wouldn't think some stranger had overtaken my blog.

Hope you are all having a great week. Enjoy what's left of it..

See you soon.

6 comments:

Sherry Williams said...

Your niece & nephew are so adorable!! I hope they have a wonderful school year!

Mary said...

I love your header, Kim...no fall colors for me, either. Your niece and nephew are adorable! Its almost like having your own kids, but its more like grandparents...enjoy them, then send them home! Your new profile picture is cute...thanks for letting us know!

Blessings,
Mary

debi said...

Whoa! When I read your post title, my first thought was 'where'd she get those kids?' hehe!
Hope you're having a good vacation, and doing lots of relaxing. Love the new blog header...your photo is really pretty!
Hugs, Debi

Anonymous said...

The children are adorable. Little do they know they are about to enter the best years of their lives!!
Love your new blog look!! The roses & pastels are beautiful!!
Love,
Marilyn

andsewon said...

They are CUTE! So sweet. I hope they have a wonderful year!
Spoil 'em rotten is my motto! Our grands are not near us to do that as much so we do it for our grand niece..she is more like a grand child too.
Pretty new header.. I really love those blue birds there...they would fit right in here on my mantle.. ;-)!!
Restful days are good for our soul so enjoy the vacation days!
Lola

Nanette said...

I always love the pictures of your nieces and nephew, too cute. Hope they are still liking school. Did they end up in the same class or different? I often think of you and your "twinkies!" Ha
Valerie