Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tea Things Tuesday


Hello my tea loving friends and welcome to "Tea Things Tuesday".

With that Fall chill in the air, this is the perfect time of year for pulling out all of that pretty china and putting it to good use by brewing up a pot of hot fragrant tea and snacking on some cookies, cakes or scones.

I did just that over the weekend using this beautiful rose teapot. The colors of the roses on this teapot range from a pale pink to a deep red color. What a pretty combination...

This teapot has a few matching companion pieces in my collection, including a single teacup and a desert plate. All three pieces feature the same floral design, but were made by different china manufacturing companies.

A lovely set for sure. To see even more lovely tea things, you can pay a visit to these lovely ladies as well to see what they are sharing with us this week.








Mary @ http://marysteacottage.blogspot.com/

Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Lola @ http://ansewon.blogspot.com/

I'm also adding MckLinky to my "Tea Things Tuesday" post for the very first time, both to test it out and make sure it's working the way I hope it should, and also to allow anyone else who would like to share something for "Tea Things Tuesday" to easily join in. Please feel free to join us if you wish.





15 comments:

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

hello kim.. every week you make me drool like a dog.. envying your tea pots and tea cups collections! all so beautiful and stunning! I wish I could visit your home and enjoy looking at your sets..

have a great week Kim
xo
fitty

Anonymous said...

Ooo! You know what I do? I hold my breathe while I wait for your newest pic to come up so that the pic won't take my breath away! ☺ Absolutely lovely! ♥

Pauline said...

What lovely tea things!! Your blog is beautiful and so are the treasures it contains :o)
Well done.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Kim,
What a gorgeous teapot! Love your tea set. I added my name to MrLinky to see if it would work. Hope others will do the same. Thanks so much for hosting the tea party every week.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Kim.....Beautiful teapot and set!~Patti

June said...

What a gorgeous teapot. I love anything and everything with roses. A stunning set.
Hugs,
June

Bunny said...

Such a beautiful teapot and matching pieces love them.

Mary said...

That one is gorgeos, Kim! So nice that you have the matching cup and plate...perfect for having a hot cup of tea and a scone or dessert when relaxing after work, or to begin the day. I really like the shape of the teapot...just like teacups, there is usually a name for the shape. You have a great collection...always look forward to seeing what you'll show us in the coming week!

God bless,
Mary

Nanette said...

This tea set is so pretty, the roses just jump out at you. That is so interesting that the pieces match and yet are from different companies. Very fun!
Valerie

Vicki said...

Hello, Kim,
Your tea set is so pretty! I love anything covered in roses!! Thank you for sharing your pretties with us today. Blessings to you! Vicki

andsewon said...

Now this one is a fav for me. The roses look real!Color amazing!
How cool is that for them to all come from different makers!
Will do Linky Loo next week...;-)
Lola

debi said...

Kim, I love this set! Beautiful! I love the ruffly looking top on the teapot. The set just looks so feminine. Of course you can't go wrong with anything that has pink roses.
Hugs, Debi

Lori said...

Oh so loven the roses! I have a mug in this pattern from Disney's England in Epcot! Lori P.S Please email me at pinkfadedroses@sbcglobal.net to get an invite for my new blog!

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

Good morning Kim!!
I love, love, love that gorgeous teapot. Your Tuesdays are always the best...even though it is Friday morning. This is the first chance I've had a little time off from work to look at any blogs.

I'm so excited I used your McLinky and I did it right.

♥ Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Sweet treasures and blog!