Thursday, October 8, 2009

Instead Of Cleaning The Garage......

I went antiquing instead...

OK, my garage definitely needs to be cleaned and organized a bit as my sister has asked if she and her hubby can store their family's bikes in my garage for the winter, and I'll get that done one of these days, but I knew I'd have a lot more fun visiting a few of my favorite antique shops this week. So, of course the antique shops took first place on my list of things to do.

I didn't spend much money at all, but I still managed to find a few new things to buy, like this pretty vintage advertisement card showing a lovely lady and of course some roses too....

I tucked the new card in a darling little white wicker basket that I found for just $2.50 along with a few of my vintage postcards. I love finding these smaller wicker baskets as they work great for displaying so many things.

You can change the entire look of the basket by using it to display something totally different as well, like some pretty crocheted potholders as I've done here.....

The last thing I found was another pretty floral vase to add to my ever growing collection. I can't seem to stop buying these when I find ones that are in good condition. I love the different floral patterns on these and they have such a cottagy look to them which makes them fit in perfectly with my decor.

Finding pretty new treasures like these is much more fun than cleaning out the garage don't you think ??

10 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, I think finding pretty things is MUCH more fun than cleaning the garage. And you DID WELL!
Now - get to it!!! Winter will be here before you know it - well, unless you live here in So Cal . . .

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a beautiful blog! I've signed as a follower...so many things you have posted that I just absolutely LOVE! Hope you'll come on over and visit me too!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty finds & beautiful blog!! I love all the roses....
Hugs,
Marilyn

Mary said...

I will take shopping over garage cleaning any day, Kim! As usual, you found some beautiful items...the vintage card is beautiful, as is the darling white wicker basket! And the vase is stunning...so pretty. Glad you found them to add to your wonderful collection of pretties!

God bless,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha! I wondered if you would get to that garage! Sometimes I'm in the mood for such a big job but when I'm not- I"M NOT! Glad you had fun shopping. Love the vase. ♥

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Oh Yea! Antiquing over cleaning..any day! Glad yours was successful!~Patti

Nanette said...

Beautiful finds, much more fun that organizing a garage! Good for you.
Valerie

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Love your thrifty finds...I often find myself at the thrift store INSTEAD of shopping for groceries for my hungry kids!!! (LOL)
Happy day.
xojanis

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who would rather be antiquing, or thrifting, other than shopping for food or cleaning the garage. lol

Wow, I love that vase. I have never seen one like that. Love the pretty basket too. I'm going to a flea market tomorrow, and hope I find some nice goodies.

Debbie

Lori said...

Hi Kim
Boy time to play catch up here! The basket is awesome!! SO very cute with the doilies!! Lori